Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
arabcamel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default Birthdays on Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

I love the fact that the address book, you can enter in anniversaries and birthdays and it automatically puts it in the calendar.

Although, it is quite annoying that in the calendar it puts the birthdays back infinetly back in time and in the future.

Is there a way so that it will only have the reminders for the future (preferably just for the next year)?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
tmaz42o

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A

Wirelessly posted

Yes, make the birthday occur every year until next year.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Enter the current year not the year they were born. This way it will repaet every year from this date foward.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
arabcamel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
Enter the current year not the year they were born. This way it will repaet every year from this date foward.
I prefer to leave the year they were actually born for reference purposes so I know how old they are. Is there another option?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

To enter it directly into the calendar. I do as stated above and then also put it in the notes section of the address book entry.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
arabcamel
Thumbs Must Hurt

I did not enter it into the calendar. When I entered it into the notes sectin of the address book entry, it automatically entered it into the calendar.

Is there a way so that it automatically does this, but only for the future dates?
Old 11-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Nope.

There is a section that says birthday: which will place the entry into the calendar.

There is a section called notes: this is where I actually place the entire birthday, this will not place an entry into the calendar.

So yes I place the enrty in twice once so it shows up on the calendar with the current year and in the notes so I have the actual year they were born.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
davidwu

Carrier: ATT

Hm, mine won't put the birthdays on the calendar. Well... it does for some, not for others? The birthday is in the contact?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #9
jrosepatt

Wirelessly posted

Mine doesn't put it in the calendar either. Is there a setting for that or sumthing?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #10
John-Fox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T Mobility
Default Outlook's Doings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosepatt View Post
Wirelessly posted

Mine doesn't put it in the calendar either. Is there a setting for that or sumthing?
I am not positive, but this may be an Microsoft Outlook thing. I could be wrong, but I did not start noticing it adding birthdays to my calendar until I started putting the birthdate in the appropriate field in my contacts in Outlook. So it may be possible that unless you are syncing with your PC, more particularly Outlook, this handy feature may not be occurring.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:52 AM   #11
arabcamel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
Nope.

There is a section that says birthday: which will place the entry into the calendar.

There is a section called notes: this is where I actually place the entire birthday, this will not place an entry into the calendar.

So yes I place the enrty in twice once so it shows up on the calendar with the current year and in the notes so I have the actual year they were born.

Thank you. Even if I do it your way, the birthday reminders are in the calendar infinetly for the future, not just for this year. I'm going to use what you said for now, because it still helps (thanks). But I'm wondering if there is a way to make it ONLY for one year, you know what i'm saying?

I appreciate all the help so far!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #12
jrosepatt

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Fox
Quote:
Wirelessly posted

I am not positive, but this may be an Microsoft Outlook thing. I could be wrong, but I did not start noticing it adding birthdays to my calendar until I started putting the birthdate in the appropriate field in my contacts in Outlook. So it may be possible that unless you are syncing with your PC, more particularly Outlook, this handy feature may not be occurring.
They are listed in my outlook information but it still doesn't show up on my BB in the calendar.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #13
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Just catching up here. Are they showing up in your Outlook Calendar on your PC and are you syncing both contacts and calendar.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #14
jrosepatt

Wirelessly posted

Yes they show up in the contact area in outlook and I am syncing both but they don't show up on BB calendar
Old 11-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #15
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

Yes they show up in the contact area in outlook and I am syncing both but they don't show up on BB calendar
I might be reading you wrong but you said they show up in the Contact Area in Outlook, but are they in the Calendar in Outlook.

If so I would try and celar the contacts using the DM and re-sync.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:36 PM   #16
arabcamel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabcamel View Post
Thank you. Even if I do it your way, the birthday reminders are in the calendar infinetly for the future, not just for this year. I'm going to use what you said for now, because it still helps (thanks). But I'm wondering if there is a way to make it ONLY for one year, you know what i'm saying?

I appreciate all the help so far!
Any recomendations for this?
Closed Thread