Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
Larry Gever

Model: world
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default water damage/recovery?

Please Login to Remove!

My World edition was splashed with water. After taking the battery out and drying it as well as warming the device with a hair dryer, it recovered all funtionality after about 8 hours. The water vapor inside the screen even dried up within 72 hrs. One remaining problem/mystery: the LED light is on constantly with a steady green light. Not a blinking green light--but a steady green light, even when the device is turned off. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the green?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Sounds like it may not have dried completely. It can take up to a week if you can't get the device apart.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
Larry Gever

Thanks for responding. Have you heard of the green light staying on after water exposure? I'll gladly wait a week, or longer, and not disassemble, if I know that the green light will go off eventually. A tech at Verizon thought it might be a "short" causing the light, which she said would be permanent and not be repairable.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Gever View Post
Thanks for responding. Have you heard of the green light staying on after water exposure? I'll gladly wait a week, or longer, and not disassemble, if I know that the green light will go off eventually. A tech at Verizon thought it might be a "short" causing the light, which she said would be permanent and not be repairable.
Yes, it is quite possible that you shorted a circuit and it could be foretelling of other issues to come. If you were using when there was still condensation under the screen it is likely that the unit was not properly dried internally. I would pull the battery and give it a few more days to see if the issue resolved. If not you can try turning the coverage indicator off to see if you can at least get it to go out.

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 09-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
Larry Gever

Thanks--where exactly on the device is the "coverge indicator" that you're talking about?

Larry
Old 09-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Options >Screen/Keyboard
Old 09-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Good luck Larry, about 6 months ago my water glass spilled over the keyboard of my 8830. At first it wasn't looking good where not too much was working. After giving it some time to dry at my amazement everything slowly began to work. Hopefully yours once completely dry will fully function but if it's just your L.E.D. that's not properly working be thankful that everything else is, I know I would.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #8
oOCaeZaROo

Model: 8830
Carrier: sasktel
Default Same Problem as OP

My 8830 got wet and has the same issues as the OP. In addition, the light detector must not be functioning because the screen brightness is always 100%.

Does anyone have a solution? I'm not opposed to opening the BB and voiding my warranty. It's already voided due to the water, I'm sure.
Closed Thread