Old 12-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
carmen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default DM Help Please

Please Login to Remove!

My storm came with old DM CD and after several trys to switch from Curve to Storm I contacted VZ tech support. After 6 hours on the phone (and an upgrade to the 4.7 DM) I still can't get my phone to sync.

When I go to sync it tells me there are no apps selected. Then when I try to set up my sync and click calendar, contacts, etc. and press next it comes up runtime error - A session of that type has not been started.

I have spent two days searching sites and made numerous phone calls to tech supports. I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone has. I am not completely computer stupid but not a brain either so if you reply can you please be simple stupid with me. Thank you in advance!!!!

I have Vista if that is needed (32)
Old 12-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
NEECH

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

To start, I would uninstall DM completely. Delete the install directory and reboot. Reinstall DM using the latest version.

When I transferred from my Pearl to the Storm I had both phone connected to my laptop and used the Device Switch Wizard. I pointed DM to the old phone and synced it to the new one. It worked perfectly. Is this how you went about it?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

It has been posted here a lot that Vista and DM don't get along. You have to make sure you install DM as Admin and I recall something about compatability mode. I never had this problem with my wife's phone and Vista but I am using DM4.5 and I don't have multiple profiles set up on her laptop (i.e. She doesn't have to select a profile to log in, she just starts the laptop.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
carmen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Okay....very odd....I cannot get DM to uninstall! It comes up as error 2738. I went to the BB help and followed their steps but still cannot get this to work. I have had older version of DM on my Vista with no problems at all. Any help with the uninstall?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
D5PieR

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same issue with Vista 64...DM4.7 just won't uninstall getting the error 2738 message, even after following the regserv32 vbscript.dll solution. I am almost to the point of just deleting the files and manually removing registry entries but there must be some less drastic solution
Old 12-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb Dump Vista; Use XP

I would suggest that you try an installation on an XP machine. Failing that, use the compatibility mode in Vista to make it look like XP. I would prefer the installation on a non-Vista machine as XP is known to be highly stable and Vista is not. Just a suggestion. 73

PS: It is possible to make your Vista into XP. I have read that you can downgrade your installation to eliminate all those Vista improvements. This is Microsoft's method of continuing XP while still pushing Vista.
Closed Thread