Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
dorkk86

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Exclamation Holster Settings

Please Login to Remove!

when my storm is in the holster and i get an email or sms text it vibrates and does the notification sound like i want it to. But then when i take the phone out of the holster it opens the email/text automatically. how do i disable that?

Thank you
Old 12-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
crossfadex
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: verizon

what do these holster options even mean?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

@dorkk86, you can't disable the opening of the emails upon removal from the holster OTHER than waiting 15-20 seconds after the email arrives.

@crossfadex... they allow you to set DIFFERENT profile settings whether IN or OUT of the holster. Say you wear your BB in a holster most of the day, you might set the ringtone louder IN holster, and softer OUT of holster. Likewise, if you lay your BB on desk during the day, you might set the message alert to silent OUT of holster so you don't hear it ding all day, but IN holster you might set it to alert you, or vibrate.

Options, man just more options!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #4
ralvarezjr

Default How does it know it's in the holster?

I have a 9530 Storm. I'm a BlackBerry newbe so pardon me. How does my phone know it's in the holster? Is there a certain kind of holster you need for this fucntion to work? After coming from a Motoroal E815 I am dissappointed that a phone as sophisticated as the Storm doesn't have a bluetooth auto-answer option.

I've missed many calls in three days because #1) I can't hear the damn thing ring in a noisy environment and #2) IT DOESN'T HAVE AUTO-ANSWER!!! I drive all day and merchandise convenience stores so my hands are always occupied and auto-answer is much appreciated.

Even if the out of holster option does work, taking the phone out and holding to my ear defeats the purpose of having a Bluetooth. I've been all thru the manual and it tells me how to set for in and out of holster and my phone doesn't act any differently either way
Old 12-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
suicidepact
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

There's a specific blackberry holster that has a magnet (or something) in it that allows the BB to detect when it's in a holster and default to a set of pre-defined holster settings, usually designating ringer volume, etc.
Just curious ralvarezjr, what do you mean by auto-answer? As is with a flip phone?
Old 12-25-2008, 01:23 AM   #6
ralvarezjr

My old Motorola E-815 had a feature when on bluetooth the phone would automaticaly answer the call in a designated number of rings which you set. I could contune my work and my phone would answer in 4 rings giving me time to look at the calling number if I chose to. Usually I just let it answer BUT if I didn't want it to answer all I had to do was hit the volume key and it would send it to voice mail. GREAT feature I have depended on for years and I desperately miss it. I am considering returning the Storm (as awesome as it is) just because I depend on that feature soooooooo much AND it harder than hell to text on the thing. It is an invaluable tool for me and it inconceivable to me that business BlackBerry costomers would not find this feature as efficeint and useful as I do.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:36 AM   #7
ralvarezjr

But thanks for the answer suicidepact
Closed Thread