Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
ivyesq
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default OS 5.0.0.230 and threaded sms

Please Login to Remove!

not sure if this has been answered yet, but i just downloaded the beat version of OS 5.0, and i like the new threaded sms. however, does anyone run into the issue of trying to send an sms to a contact and the screen to begin typing doesn't appear... anyone know how to fix or workaround this? thx.

Last edited by ivyesq; 11-18-2009 at 09:08 PM..
Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
linuxknight
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: PM me to ask
Carrier: US Cellular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivyesq View Post
not sure if this has been answered yet, but i just downloaded the beat version of OS 5.0, and i like the new threaded sms. however, does anyone run into the issue of trying to send an sms to a contact and the screen to begin typing doesn't appear... anyone know how to fix or workaround this? thx.
I have seen this behavior also. What i found though is if I go back to my message list the sms I had tried to initiate is waiting for me in a draft mode to start up again. I had thought maybe I was fat fingering the kb but now that I see I'm not the only one perhaps its a bug.

Last edited by linuxknight; 11-19-2009 at 07:03 AM..
Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
ivyesq

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxknight View Post
I have seen this behavior also. What i found though is if I go back to my message list the sms I had tried to initiate is waiting for me in a draft mode to start up again. I had thought maybe I was fat fingering the kb but now that I see I'm not the only one perhaps its a bug.
thanks for the reply... yeah, it's a bug and i noticed what you did as well as the workaround.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
MiataMike

Model: Tour
PIN: N/A

I have NOT seen this problerm (loaded 5.0 over the weekend). Can go to contacts and click the berry key to call up send SMS - and I do get the text entry box each time (so far).... my problem is sometimes it sends the txt, sometimes I get the red clock / pending icon instead of a checkmark.... and it never does send. At that point no sms will go out, all go to pending. Have to do a battery pull and then seems to work fine (for a few messages)
Closed Thread