Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
sappito

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Cannot download Dragon for E-mail from App World

Please Login to Remove!

I have been trying to download Dragon for E-Mail from BB App World, and it tells me that either my phone or carrier are not acceptable. I have a BB Storm from Verizon, operating in the U.S. Anyone else had a problem with this? Nuance says it is a problem on the App World end, no one can help me. Anyone able to help me get this app?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK

Wirelessly posted (8520 (5.0.0.411))

Are you able to get the app from Nuance's website i.e without involving app world?
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
sappito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytner View Post
Wirelessly posted (8520 (5.0.0.411))

Are you able to get the app from Nuance's website i.e without involving app world?
I wish I could but they maintain that I have to go through App World to get it, since it was designed for BB and is not offered on their website
Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Are you able to download other apps through App World?

I looked at the Nuance web site and it definitely says it works on Storm and Storm II (and others) and definitely on Verizon so if you are successfully able to download other apps not sure what the problem is. But I would try the universal solution -- hard reset. (Remove battery with phone running.)
Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
sappito

Yes, i can download anything else, and I have certainly tried to hard reset. Nothing works. Nuance points their finger at App World, App World does not respond to support requests. Since it is a free app, does anyone have a copy of the JAD file they can send me?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Parsimony

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

By some crazy logic I can't post links here so i will try to describe how to get the app: Enter the following in your browser, without spaces: dragon mobile apps . com / applications.

Good Luck.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
sappito

Yeah, thanks for the link, but all that does send you the App World link. As ridiculous as this is, you cannot download or get anything from Nuance, you HAVE to go through App World to get it. I appreciate the try!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
Parsimony

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Worked for Me

I downloaded it without any problem, using the BB browser. I was using it in a matter of minutes after the download. Here is a better link, with spaces, to avoid the silly restriction:

w w w. d r a g o n m o b i l e a p p s . c o m / b b / d r a g o n f o r e m a i l . h t m l
Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 AM   #9
suicidepact
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Verizon

Sappito, in BB AppWorld there are a bunch of instructions to install, have you followed them all? I had no problem getting it from BB App World (VZW Storm 2.)
Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsimony View Post
I downloaded it without any problem, using the BB browser. I was using it in a matter of minutes after the download. Here is a better link, with spaces, to avoid the silly restriction:

w w w. d r a g o n m o b i l e a p p s . c o m / b b / d r a g o n f o r e m a i l . h t m l
No matter how you enter the link, as Sappito says, when you go there, the link on the Nuance web page that you are posting simply takes you to BB app world. You cannot download this app directly from Nuance.
Closed Thread