Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
asad7874

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel
Default Backlight Timeout - screen goes blank but never comes up :-(

Please Login to Remove!

I just upgraded to 5.0 via BB DM and ran into this issue.
Screen goes blank as per backlight timeout setting but it never comes up, however you push the screen, press the lock button. No display . The phone is still on and I can see the buttons at bottom lit up and I can even receive calls but no display on the main screen. Have to battery-pull to make the screen work.
Whats wrong?? I have tried adjusting Backlight Timeout settings, rebooting without media card, but to no avail. The problem is only with upgrade 5.0. I downgrade it to 4.7 and it works fine.
Please suggest what to do.

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:47 AM   #2
metroblackberryuser

Model: 8830
Carrier: metro

wow very strange like the wise men always say if its not broken dont fix so leave it be .but if u really need todo this upgrade try doing it to flash not internal memory ok if u havent tried already
Old 04-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
fratts
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: TBayTEL

I am very interested to see if there is a solution to this, because I am having the same issue. Only I've noticed that my screen goes blank if I try to unlock my phone if there is a BBM group message waiting to be read. The screen stays blank for about 3-4min, then eventually comes back up and the phone works like it should.

asad7874, have you noticed that this issue only happens when receiving a BBM message or group message or does it happen more randomly?

FYI, I am running OS 5.0.0.419 on a 9630.

If your issue does happen more randomly, then I will start my own thread, as I do not want to hijack yours.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
asad7874

Model: 9530
Carrier: Airtel

fratts, this issue has nothing to do with receiving a BBM message or group message. The backlight automatically goes off as per Backlight timeout setting no matter what you are doing and never comes up.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
hkozlovsky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Screen Goes Blank (phone works fine) - BIG ISSUE

my screen was randomly staying dark but since yesterday the screen stays off almost all the time after the backlight goes dim. This is now a major issue. The phone works but I can't see anything. I have done some research and many many people have complained about this for over a year. I have been on 5.0 for awhile now and have changed nothing and it just started happening. What is going on. If I downgrade to 4.7 will it really make a difference? What is going on and who can help with this serious issue?
Thanks
Closed Thread