Old 09-13-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
Judgeamc

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Default Storm fails to boot

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

Need some help here. I sold my storm on e-bay after 12 months of perfect use. I had upgraded to the latest firmware about 3-4 months ago.
This bloke now says the handset will not boot. I had factory reset it to wipe personal data and checked it before shipping. He says it worked fine for a while, then began to freeze on him. He whipped out the battery to reset it and now he gets the red light for a few seconds, then the backlight comes on. Then nothing it sits at a black screen. No boot progress bar or hourglass.
Anyone any ideas? I've seen them freeze on boot with the progress bar and a reset usually sorts that out, but I'm stumped on this one.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. You might only see the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life.

Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
BlackBerry Operating System Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
Closed Thread