BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
BlackBurner
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
Default not just another dumb Gmail question...

Please Login to Remove!

...weird stuff here....I have 2 Gmail accounts integrated with my BIS using POP3 AKA polling.....when I send or reply to an email in Gmail,for some reason,I get a copy of it sent to my BB.......forwarding is disabled in both Gmail accounts.....

....and another thing,I have the "POP rules" set to archive the messages after they have been accessed through POP....this is not working.....

...I send and receive emails with no problem...any help/idea's would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

If your on tmobile, by default you'll get a copy of any mail you send. Basically, your being cc'd on every email. I can't tell you anything about the archiving issue.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
BlackBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by taftwatson
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

If your on tmobile, by default you'll get a copy of any mail you send. Basically, your being cc'd on every email. I can't tell you anything about the archiving issue.
...thanx very much for your response

...my provider is Telus...

...the way I see it(and I could be wrong obviously) is that gmail has no idea what is POPing...or does it?.....nowhere in the options for POP(in Gmail) do I input my BIS address or even tell it to cc anything.......it's when I send emails from gmail that they get sent to my BB.....I'm POPing from my BIS....

....still needin help over here....

thanx.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
Chinasaur
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z30
Carrier: T-Mobile

This issue is so old it has hair on it. Search for gmail duplicates. I know there have to be at least five sep threads on this. HoFo has some as well. Stinsondog's FAQ has tips on how to work around it as well.

Basically, you create filters to stop the dupes. Filter / rule position is key.

Search...
Old 07-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #5
BlackBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasaur
This issue is so old it has hair on it. Search for gmail duplicates. I know there have to be at least five sep threads on this. HoFo has some as well. Stinsondog's FAQ has tips on how to work around it as well.

Basically, you create filters to stop the dupes. Filter / rule position is key.

Search...
....well then it must be peach fuzz,cuz I've searched a hell of a lot before posting this,checked out HF and StinsonDog's FAQ, plus searched more,and no where does it mention anything like my situation.....FORWARDING IS OFF....I am not POPing and forwarding at the same time....

...by POPing or polling my gmail accounts, I can spoof my "sent from" field when composing a new email using any account that's integrated with my BIS,from my 7250....if I forward or filter to my BIS,I lose this completely,which is just too far a step back imo....I can wait the 15 minutes for POP

...and assuming I didn't "search" based on post count, my friend, is so old that it doesn't have hair!!!!

...thanx for the response...still needin help here....
Old 07-06-2006, 03:02 AM   #6
phildman14

Model: 7105t

I had this problem too until I went to my carriers bb email set up page and had it NOT SEND emails that had my email in the from field. But now I have a question: Why wont my emails I send from my BB show up in my sent mail folder in my gmail account? Sent mail from outlook shows up, just not my BB. Any ideas? PS my carrier is t-mobile.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #7
BlackBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildman14
I had this problem too until I went to my carriers bb email set up page and had it NOT SEND emails that had my email in the from field. But now I have a question: Why wont my emails I send from my BB show up in my sent mail folder in my gmail account? Sent mail from outlook shows up, just not my BB. Any ideas? PS my carrier is t-mobile.

Thanks!
....thanx for the response

....that would be a solution....but still...it's a waste of data,especially if I'm sending big attachments(I'm in music production) from gmail and getting them sent back to my BB....I have a 50 MB cap on my "unlimited" package(lets not go there) and this is just unacceptable.....

....the reason that your sent items don't get filed proper(assuming your filters are all good), could be the same reason that all this is happening to me...Gmail!!!!!!

..and don't hijack my thread!!!!!...lol...just kidding....

HELP!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

1) setting up a filter doesn't waste your data as it stops the email from going to your handheld - ie no data is used

2) sounds like your POP access is set to your all mail folder; and not just your inbox. Hence when you send email from Gmail it arrives on your handheld. Only solution for this is to get a hold of Gmail to find out why the POP access isn't for your inbox folder only (as is the norm.)

3) as Gmail is POP it won't save your email sent from your BlackBerry in your sent items in Gmail. This is possible only through BIS 2.0 for IMAP; Exchange and Domino acccounts.

Hope this helps
Old 07-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
BlackBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERDucky
1) setting up a filter doesn't waste your data as it stops the email from going to your handheld - ie no data is used

2) sounds like your POP access is set to your all mail folder; and not just your inbox. Hence when you send email from Gmail it arrives on your handheld. Only solution for this is to get a hold of Gmail to find out why the POP access isn't for your inbox folder only (as is the norm.)

3) as Gmail is POP it won't save your email sent from your BlackBerry in your sent items in Gmail. This is possible only through BIS 2.0 for IMAP; Exchange and Domino acccounts.

Hope this helps
....awesome....thanx for the response...I had no idea that by filtering it at the BIS, it wouldn't waste data...I thought that the BIS was where the data charges collected....not the actual handheld...there you go

....it does seem like POP access is set for "all mail" and not "inbox"....I'll try and get a hold of Gmail.....

thanx again man!!!!!!
much appreciated.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #10
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

no worries
glad to help
Old 07-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #11
BlackBurner

Last edited by BlackBurner; 07-06-2006 at 04:49 PM..
Closed Thread