Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:50 AM   #1
DAMAN321

Model: 9500
Carrier: Verizon
Default Blackberry Messages Collecting in QUEUE

Please Login to Remove!

Sooo...here's my problem:

Messages originating from blackberry desktop redirectors in our environment are getting held up in the message queue for our internet message relay device WOOKIEE. These messages are addressed to [email address] and the problem is that WOOKIEE is attempting an ANY DNS lookup on the domain and not getting an MX result and so doesn't know where to deliver the message.

If I manually do a TYPE=MX lookup on the same domain, I get the proper response. At this point the ANY lookups begin responding properly as well and the messages clear from queue. This continues for 600 seconds, when the DNS server cache is set to expire.

I originally suspected problems on my DNS server but DNS queries from other internet DNS servers returned the same result. I've tried again today and now I'm getting results (www . dnsstuff . com). I'm hoping this will fix my problem and that I'm waiting on replication...but now I don't know...anyone else having similar problems?
Closed Thread