BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
premnas

Model: 8100
Carrier: vodafone
Default MDS problem on BB Manager

Please Login to Remove!

We have BES 4.1.2 for Domino running.During the installation I didn't choose the option to install MDS. Afterwards we got a request for MDS and I then performed an upgrade adding MDS.Browsing is fine, but in the BBManager nothing is displayed under the MDS srv. Also the server address seems to be wrong: dots and semi columns!?
I am attaching a screenshot. Thanks for any clues on this.

Giorgio
Attached Files
File Type: doc mds_error.doc (110.0 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-24-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Did you get a request for MDS or MDSS?

MDS is installed all the time and is used for browsing.
MDSS is for creating SOAP based web applications that get pushed to the handhelds.

Sorry, don't have Word installed so I can't help on the errors, just adding $0.02 worth to the thread.

Zro
Old 01-25-2007, 03:29 AM   #3
premnas

Model: 8100
Carrier: vodafone
Default MDS error

I am attaching a jpg of the screenshot. I would be grateful if anybody would have a look into it.

Giorgio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mds_error.JPG (89.1 KB, 41 views)
Old 01-25-2007, 06:50 AM   #4
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

Hey premnas,

You have a bad MDS Services install. What you need to do is perform a clean uninstall and then reinstall using the upgrade installer for BES 4.1.2. MDSS is for creating SOAP based web applications that get pushed to the handhelds, as Zro mentioned above. If you do not need it, you do not have to install it.

(1) Remove registry keys (if any) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\BlackBerry MDS Service
(2) Drop MDSS & MDSS_DIS databases
(3) Backup BESMgmt database before removing all records in "mdsagconfig" table
(4) Unload and reload BlackBerry Manager

The other link "ITAWBBERRY01P_MDS-CS_1" in 4.1.2 is the former MDS in BES 4.0, which is for web browsing using the BlackBerry browser. The new term is for "MDS-CS" is "MDS Connection Service".

Good luck!

Last edited by noname; 01-25-2007 at 06:52 AM..
Old 02-09-2007, 01:59 AM   #5
Aquila

Model: Many
Carrier: Confidential

Hmmmm... we are also running 4.1.2 BES for Lotus Domino and have exactly the same problem, except in our case I can't get web browsing working either.

Attached is a screenshot as I see our BB manager...

Can anyone point me to a good description of what the MDS, MDSS, MDCS services are all about and correlate them to what the BB Manager screen shows?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBErrors.jpg (68.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 02-09-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
dmcallan

Model: 8703e

I just did an BES 4.1.2 upgrade on an Exchange server, and MDS-CS was added, even though I didn't request it. After the upgrade installation, it was taking our server 15+ minutes to boot up. This continued to happen until I disabled MDS in Services, and now the server boots up fine.

A bit confused about what MDS-CS is, why it so adversely affected the server start, and what functionality is lost because I disabled it.

DMC
Old 02-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #7
lkted

Model: 7230
PIN: n/a
Carrier: 3

Is using SQL authentication in database? if using windows authentication to install MDS, the apache tomcat might be lost. You can check in Add/Remove Program to whether verify the tomcat is install or not. Moreover, you can check MDS domain name whether is correct. if not, you can using the "keytools" providing from java runtime environment to re-generate the key with correct domain name
Closed Thread