Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
Carnager1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default 8700c will not pass the Cingular screen, 11000 phone logs

Please Login to Remove!

Here is the story...

One of my coworkers had a client who was upgrading BB's. This client had 11500 phone logs so I my coworker left his BB in his drawer having it download all the phone logs into his BB. He came in this morning and found the BB dead, I guess all the downloading had drained the battery of the BB 8700.

Well he put the BB on a charger and turned it on and its stuck on the Cingular "raising the bar screen" for over 10 minutes. I work in the troubleshooting department at my job. I can't get into the device at all, can't sync up at all wired, cannot access the device through BES either.

Is there a way I can wipe the device out...... I removed the battery, try everything and every single time it says at the cingular screen with the hour glass for over 10 minutes....
Old 02-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
edonin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Since it doesn't sound like it's going onto the network you probably can't send the "erase data and disable handheld command to the device from the BES.

Download JL_CMDER from:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-jl_cmder.html

This utility will allow you to cable up via USB and wipe the device down, including its OS. When it's done, you'll need to download the device OS and user Desktop Manager to reload the device OS and then reactivate it.

I'd remove any backed up phone logs from the user's BES account or remove/reinstate the account before the reactivation so you don't wind up in the same shoes post reactivation.

It's a heavy hit, but at least it will get the device working again.
Closed Thread