Old 10-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Default GraphicMagick on BES?

Please Login to Remove!

I just found a bunch of red error messages in our BES (v4.0, SP4, using Exchange 2003, SP2) Application Log referring to GraphicsMagick. Here is the description of one of the errors when I open it from the Application Log:

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( GraphicsMagick ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 20060929081431 0:01 0.563 2268 resize.c unknown 1121 image Error unable to resize image (Negative or zero image size)"

I sent an email to RIM Support asking if the BES uses GraphicsMagick for anything and if I should be concerned about these messages in the App Log. I then received the following email back from them:

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. Please provide the following information:

1. The complete version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (you can obtain this by opening the BlackBerry Enterprise Server management console, right click on your BlackBerry Enterprise Server on the left pane, select BlackBerry Enterprise Server Properties).

2. The complete version of the database engine (MSDE/SQL) running with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (locate the SQL manager icon in the system tray, right click, select About).

3. The completed version of MDAC that is currently installed on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (download and install the Microsoft MDAC Utility: Component Checker from:

Download details: Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) Utility: Component Checker)

4. The version of MAPI32.dll on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (located in the \exchsvr\bin\ directory).

5. The version of MSXML as listed in the Add/Remove programs list.

6. The version of JRE installed on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (open a command prompt and type "java -version").

7. The version of CDO.dll on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (located in the \exchsvr\bin\ directory).

8. The version of MAPI32.dll on the Exchange Server (located in the \exchsvr\bin\ directory).

9. The version of CDO.dll on the Exchange Server (located in the \exchsvr\bin\ directory).

10. The average ping response time if you ping the Exchange Server from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

11. The enabled protocols for your database (open a "run" line on the database server, type "svrnetcn", the enabled protocols will be listed on the right pane).

12. The account that was used to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

13. Please compress and attach the application log from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to your response.

Thank you for using BlackBerry Technical Support. We look forward to your reply.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but this seems like a LOT of questions just to find out if the BES actually uses GraphicMagick.......
Old 10-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I've heard that GraphicsMagick is used for some image processing for the Attachment server, but someone else can verify that.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7100
Carrier: Rogers

Yes it is part of the attachment service.

That is a lot of questions but if you want to have the issue fixed as well then you should provide the versions.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

juwaack, you ever get a resolution on this? it's paging out as if it's a major alarm, but it's one of those errors that i, as an administrator, could honestly care less about. i suppose i'll do some digging tomorrow, but otherwise...
Old 02-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #5
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Nope, never got an answer. Still curious, but it's not a big deal.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

I'll do some research on my own tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
TheBerryGuru
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

juwaack68, I am just curious are you using a local or remote attachment server?
Closed Thread