rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyo
EDIT: guys does it matter if I make the change now (in the middle of my billing cycle) or should I wait until the current cycle is coming to an end? does it really matter?
T-Mobile prorates all the stuff, so it technically doesn't matter when you do it -- they'll figure it out. Whether or not it *costs* more to do in the middle of a billing cycle, I don't know - I didn't bother to do the math.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:38 PM   #22
mrsmokey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkeller
The downside to this plan is: zero MMS messages are included. So you need to pay another $5 for 400 of them or pay for each one you send/receiver. No MyFaves, no unlimited nights and weekends, only 1000 minutes.

I forgot to double check this as I have this plan but I think it even uses your minutes to check your voicemail.
Regarding the $5 for 400 Text Messaging add-on, I have noticed TMo is not only giving me 400 total messages, rather 400 SMS and 400 MMS! I was nearly going to my limit on SMS so the last few days of my billing cycle I burned up a few MMS messages, and I didn't get billed for going over or anything.

I could never find the specifications for the text messaging add-on, but looks like you really get 800 TOTAL messages Worth it, IMO
Old 02-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #23
yoyoyo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmo

one more thing, i'm still on the same plan, didn't switch over to this new one yet, anyways, i have the 400 text msg add-on.. i'm over the limit already and have like 2 weeks left in my billing cycle, is there anywhere to buy more texts for this month or do i have to suck it up and pay the extra charges?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #24
rivviepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyo
one more thing, i'm still on the same plan, didn't switch over to this new one yet, anyways, i have the 400 text msg add-on.. i'm over the limit already and have like 2 weeks left in my billing cycle, is there anywhere to buy more texts for this month or do i have to suck it up and pay the extra charges?
I'm not a rep so check what I say with 611 (customer service), but I think if you stay on the 400 plan you have to suck it up. However, you should be able to either switch to the new BB M&M plan (if desired) or upgrade to the 1000 SMS package that will take effect right away. I think! Definitely call 611 and ask...
Old 02-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #25
yoyoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop
I'm not a rep so check what I say with 611 (customer service), but I think if you stay on the 400 plan you have to suck it up. However, you should be able to either switch to the new BB M&M plan (if desired) or upgrade to the 1000 SMS package that will take effect right away. I think! Definitely call 611 and ask...
Will do.. thanks again rivvie
Old 02-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #26
absoluteevel
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 241C4261
Carrier: T-Mobile

I got hit with the MMS charges too... But since you have unlimited data, you can just send the pics via email to the appropriate email addresses, correct?

For example, [email address] would arrive on the recipient's phone...
Old 02-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #27
twstd02

Model: Pearl

Let me get this right : I have the famliy shared plan with my wife, and im looking into getting a blackberry. All I would have to do is buy the Blackberry Add-on plan, and I would get the unlimited internet, unlimited data, and unlimited texting?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #28
Number_44
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd02
Let me get this right : I have the famliy shared plan with my wife, and im looking into getting a blackberry. All I would have to do is buy the Blackberry Add-on plan, and I would get the unlimited internet, unlimited data, and unlimited texting?

no family in BB Min and Mail, but yes unlimited all, excet MMS
Old 02-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #29
andrews240
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Exactly what absoluteevel said. I actually never use MMS anymore. I can email everyone that I know with a mobile phone through this [email address] "loophole". If there was a way to use VoIP on the Pearl, I would use data for everything.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:41 AM   #30
morrow95
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmobile

This is the plan I have plus I added myfaves to it... that way the 5 people I talk to most are always free then for everyone else I have 1000 minutes for the month, unlimited text, unlimited data.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #31
yoyoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews240
Exactly what absoluteevel said. I actually never use MMS anymore. I can email everyone that I know with a mobile phone through this [email address] "loophole". If there was a way to use VoIP on the Pearl, I would use data for everything.
where can i get some more info on this?? i;m sure theres a thread around here somewhere but i'm not havin any luck finding it

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow95
This is the plan I have plus I added myfaves to it... that way the 5 people I talk to most are always free then for everyone else I have 1000 minutes for the month, unlimited text, unlimited data.
i didnt know you could do this! how much is the my faves add-on with the BB Minutes & Mail plan?
Old 03-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #32
mayoke

I just switched over to the Minutes and Mail plan.
I'm a HEAVY text user but light talker so it actually saves me money.
I SPECIFICALLY asked if the MMS was included in the unlimited messaging and was told "Yes, any type of message you want to send."

I'm reading here that some were told MMS were NOT covered but I was told it was. (I don't send a lot of MMS anyway.) I may call again and double check. I would find it hard to believe it would be different in my area.

Anyway, my bill DROPPED because I was able to drop my messaging plan. I'm glad I read about it on the forums. =)
Old 03-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #33
ams

PIN: 23E19981
Carrier: Tmobile

I think I'm on the same plan as you. I added the 19.99 Blackberry unlimited and pay another 4.99 for 400 text messages. I think I pay around 65 dollars. I like the idea of the blackberry minutes and mail plan unlimited, but I really dont want to renew my contract again. But like everyone said you only get 100 minutes, no weekends or weeknights free. Whereas your current plan gives you those free weekends or weeknights. I personally would stick with what you have now. 40 cents for each minute over on calls > 10 cents per text message.

As someone mentioned, it shows as 400 text and 400 picture messaging.. thats what it showed on my bill too. So its actually 800 then? Even better!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #34
rivviepop

@ams -- it really depends on your personal 'style', so to speak. I fit into mayoke's category, I don't even come close to using half the 1000 minutes with the BB M&M. But I use the living daylights out of the unlimited SMS and data features. Free nights and weekends don't mean anything to mayoke and I.

@mayoke -- never believe a rep until you see the results on your bill. On my bill MMS wasn't included, it's an extra surcharge. yarrrrr, they be pirates yarrrrr.

@yoyoyo - see the below webpage, I had it bookmarked in my del.icio.us.

SMS through E-Mail: Cingular, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Virgin Mobile - Tech-Recipes.com

Code:
T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com
Old 03-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #35
yoyoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop
@ams -- it really depends on your personal 'style', so to speak. I fit into mayoke's category, I don't even come close to using half the 1000 minutes with the BB M&M. But I use the living daylights out of the unlimited SMS and data features. Free nights and weekends don't mean anything to mayoke and I.

@mayoke -- never believe a rep until you see the results on your bill. On my bill MMS wasn't included, it's an extra surcharge. yarrrrr, they be pirates yarrrrr.

@yoyoyo - see the below webpage, I had it bookmarked in my del.icio.us.

SMS through E-Mail: Cingular, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Virgin Mobile - Tech-Recipes.com

Code:
T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com
YOU'RE 3 FOR 3 IN THIS THREAD! THANKS AGAIN
Old 03-02-2007, 09:03 PM   #36
mayoke