BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
tpedwards

Model: 8100
Question Pearl Bluetooth problem

Please Login to Remove!

I've had my Pearl for about a month now. I have been using it in my '05 Dodge Durango with Uconnect and my '02 BMW M3 with a BMW ULF I installed myself. Paired with each no problem. Originating and answering calls were fine. Even the address book transferred to the BMW.

However, lately I've been getting similar behavior with Bluetooth in both vehicles. When I start the engine, the Bluetooth system hangs like it is in the middle of a call. In the Durango, I cannot cancel this mode, but I can hit the command button and make a call. When I end the call, the system returns to normal. In the BMW, I don't have to make a call, but I have to go to the Telephone menu and hit the red phone icon (it is red like it is in a call) to cancel the active call and the system returns to normal.

My Sony Ericsson T637 is operating normally with both vehicles. The only thing that has changed recently is the installation of the DST2007 patch, but nothing else I can think of.

Any one have any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
tpedwards
Huntsville, AL
Old 03-13-2007, 07:07 AM   #2
tpedwards

Unhappy Pearl "grabs the Bluetooth connection at startup!"

No one else has experienced this?

It behaves as if the Pearl is grabbing and opening a connection in the vehicle. The behavior is exactly the same in my 2005 Dodge Durango and 2002 BMW M3 although the method to resolve is different.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
tpedwards
Huntsville, AL
Old 03-13-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
claykin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

If the only change you've recently made is the DST2007 patch, then try to uninstall that patch and see if the problems persists. its possible, albeit odd, that this patch could be screwing with the BB OS.

If that doesn't work, have you tried re-pairing the phone to both cars? Delete the current entries from the BB and try to re-pair them.

Good luck
Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
tpedwards

Exclamation It mysteriously went back to normal...

After deleting the pairing from each the Durango and the Pearl, nothing seemed to work. Then, it mysteriously starting behaving normally. I wonder if a hard reset would have helped. I haven't done that yet. It started working in the Dodge, but haven't tried the BMW.

Is resetting the Pearl useful? Is this often helpful? What is the proper procedure to do a hard reset? Remove/reinsert the battery?

Thanks,
tpedwards
Huntsillve, AL
Old 03-14-2007, 06:02 AM   #5
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Hard resets are very helpful, especially for cleaning up memory. But, rather than pull the battery, get the SoftReset app. A quick search here will find it.
Closed Thread