Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Default Cant Send email and Calendar does not Sync

Please Login to Remove!

My settings
Windows 2003 R2 running Active Directory
Windows 2003 R2 Ent with Exchange 2003 Ent

I have 1 BPS server running and has a couple users on it and those users are working can send email and receive email and their calendar, contacts, tasks, notes all stay synced.

I am in the process of moving a full BES server into our email system from another and integrating all users into the full BES server. In the mean time I need my phone synced with my email and currently don't have any available CALs on my current BPS server so I installed another BPS server using the same account as the current BPS server and set my self up to use that. It will sync and email will sync to my phone but I cannot send from my phone and my calendar never syncs any appointments to my phone.

I have reassured my self many times that my account is just like those that work and that the account that the server logs in as has Send As to both my AD account and my email account.

Any ideas what to check for?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Did you use the same SRP ID on both BPS servers? (IF so, that's the source of your problem).
Old 05-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
Joshlarsen
Thumbs Must Hurt

No, both BPS servers have different SRP IDs and Keys.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #4
Joshlarsen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok, nothing like a Domain Admin getting pissed at his domain.

Any ways I found the problem. The weird thing is my accounts worked with Goodlink and Goodlink requires the same permissions but anyways here is what I did to fix the issue.

I had to keep going in to my account and adding my BESadmin account to have send as permissions. I found that every hour it would reset and would loose the permissions. This happened to all of my Network side IT Staff. I found a Microsoft article that said the ACLs reset every 3 hours for users account that have "Protected" groups associated to them.

Windows 2003 AD security groups below
• Administrators
• Account Operators
• Server Operators
• Print Operators
• Backup Operators
• Domain Admins
• Schema Admins
• Enterprise Admins
• Cert Publishers

I have some of these groups associated to my Domain account (Go figure I am the network administrator). I used Method 2: Enable inheritance on the adminSDHolder container from this web site Delegated permissions are not available and inheritance is automatically disabled

After this I waited 1 hour and this allowed my permissions to be pushed back out to my users that have these so called “Protected” groups. This allowed calendars and receive inbound email to flow but I still could not send email.

To fix the sending email from my BB I found the following article: BlackBerry Search Results

This article basically told me to shutdown all of the Blackberry services on my BPS server and then either wait 20 minutes or restart the Information store on my exchange server. I had enough waiting today and it is just after 5 so I decided to restart the Exchange Information Store. After this was started again I went and started the Blackberry services on my BPS server and it all works now.

I can finally send, receive, and I have my calendar, contacts, tasks and notes.

Last edited by Joshlarsen; 05-20-2008 at 05:33 PM..
Closed Thread