BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #21
wbeers

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

I did indeed reboot after the uninstall. I have been trying out various things with ExchangeMAPI and CDO / EXMAPI32 / EMSMDB32 in the meantime.

I can't do a full reboot right now, want me to wait until then? Or I can send recent logs, say the last three hours' worth or so.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #22
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Eh, send after a fresh boot.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #23
rgdavies

Model: 9000
Carrier: T-Mboile
Default any further

Hi chaps,

am experiencing (almost) exactly the same issues on a similar install. Did this get resolved? i'm contemplating dropping bes for bis if i can't get this working...

SOS
Old 07-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #24
wbeers

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdavies View Post
Hi chaps,

am experiencing (almost) exactly the same issues on a similar install. Did this get resolved? i'm contemplating dropping bes for bis if i can't get this working...

SOS
Apologies to the amazing hdawg and anyone else who helped with this thread. Finally was able to get the director to release an old server he'd been holding for ransom in case our main Terminal Server died. This server was running Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) and I was able to install the MAPI/CDO package and BES 5.0 with little to no trouble. Have got it running pretty much exactly the way I want it.

If it is important to run it on the same hardware, I was quite intrigued with the free Hyper-V solution built in to Windows Server 2008. Other than obtaining the licensing for the guest OS it seemed like the perfect approach. I did not get approval to install that on our Exchange server, however, so it'll have to be a project for another time. I am more than willing to share what info I gathered during my unsuccessful coexisting installation attempt!
Closed Thread