Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #81
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers
Smile PocketDay 2.1

Please Login to Remove!

I also agree that it is a great product. I have purchased it. However I still have two issues:
Stock prices with long symbols are being cut off. Put one stock per line as with BBToday. Also include the percentage up or down as in BBToday.
Night time pictorials for weather have a small issue. Right now the night time forecast for Toronto for today through Sunday is mostly clear, clear, and partly cloudy while the pictorial for all three nights is a moon mostly covered with clouds.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:40 PM   #82
MainStream
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

This program has really come a long way in a short time. Mark has been very responsive to requests and issues. Coming from a PPC & Palm background, the today screen with a BB seemed to be the single area of use that was most lacking. This program goes a long way toward eliminating that void.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #83
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Mark,
Program is getting better and better. Sugestions are all minor but here is two:
1. When the weather is forced to refresh it goes back to the top of the page forcing a scroll down to see it. The stock panel does not do that.
2. On the daily task list the scroll bar is dark blue and covers up the current task. It should function as the other views where the text turns white to show through and the bar is black.
Other items are on your list like a way to collapse everything and a way to scroll within the panels.
Keep up the great work.

Last edited by ahovis; 05-07-2005 at 02:42 PM..
Old 05-09-2005, 06:17 AM   #84
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

Got em...on the list.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:12 AM   #85
bgate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Since we have a list going...

Is it possible to have an option in the font/color section for past due tasks?
Old 05-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #86
crs

Hmmm...I thought there was a color for past due, but there isn't. I'll look into this.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #87
jubrand

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Weather and Stocks not updating

Yesterday, my stocks and weather quit updating. I have Tmobile. I tried exiting Pocketday, and even a battery pull, with no luck. Attempting a manual refresh doesn't work either. I'm getting data and I'm able to browse the web on my phone, so that's not the issue either. Anyone having this problem? Any fix ideas?
Old 05-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #88
crs

jubrand,

Check your apn setting (home/options/tcp). It should be wap.voicestream.com and in PocketDay the Internet Connection should be direct.

Mark
Old 05-09-2005, 11:48 AM   #89
jubrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
jubrand,

Check your apn setting (home/options/tcp). It should be wap.voicestream.com and in PocketDay the Internet Connection should be direct.

Mark
I think it's set on that already, cause I did it before. It seems like it's working now, not sure why it was out for awhile.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:53 AM   #90
jubrand

Default Feature Question

Would it be possible for Pocketday to recognize SMS and push (like the weather reports from the BB demo site) on the home screen?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #91
WNO

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Hmmm...I thought there was a color for past due, but there isn't. I'll look into this.
Guess you don't let tasks go past their due date very often, huh? Based on your responsiveness, I can't say that's surprising!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:20 AM   #92
brufi

Model: Curve
Carrier: T-Online Germany
Default PD blocks after possible miss-configuration

Tirsch,
I tried to get PD weather and Stock working in Germany (7290, 4.0, T-Mobile, no BES) and during trial and error configuration of TCP/WAP I must have mis-configured something.
Now I canŽt start PD anymore. Delete and reinstall OTA doesnŽt help.
Tried hard reset with and without SIM-Card.

Please help!

Bruno
PIN 2021d86
Old 05-11-2005, 06:11 AM   #93
crs

jubrand,

Currently RIM doesn't permit developers access to SMS. When they do, I'll be adding it.

brufi...download this: http://www.crossriversystems.com/files/pdtest.jad directly to your BB.

Reboot hard (battery out).

Then, run it and select clear settings from the menu. Then PocketDay should start.

Your settings should be simple for comms with a BES server. Before you start PD as above, go to home/options/firewall and either disable it (if you can) or Reset it.

Then start PD. The weather and stocks should work.

Mark
Old 05-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #94
WNO

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO
Default Appts -- Error 5

Mark, I tried searching for a solution to this problem, but didn't find anything. Last night, I advanced the PD summary screen to see my schedule for today. Although I have a lot of calendar entries for today, PD showed a line saying "No Appts - Error 5," and several of my tasks were duplicated in the appointment area. The display continues, however, to be correct for other days. After some experimentation, I exited and restarted PD. The duplicate tasks went away, but the appointments area was empty. I then toggled to the details screen, which says "No Appts - Error 5". The problem persists after a battery-out reboot of the BB. I've since gone back to the summary screen, and the original problem (error msg and duplicate tasks) repeats when I switch from day to day, but again, is only a problem for 5/11.

The appts/events appear normal in the calendar agenda screen, and there is nothing particularly unusual about them (at least relative to the entries for other days). Any ideas what the problem might be?

P.S., FWIW, PD 2.10 on 7100t, OS 4.0

Last edited by WNO; 05-11-2005 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: add'l details
Old 05-11-2005, 06:50 PM   #95
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT Wireless

MARK:
Excuse me if I have missed this answer in a recent thread related to v 2.10, I did not see it. But I wanted to see if RIM had yet solved the issue related to recurring appointments. On Friday, the first day of a recurring meeting, I had the meeting right on my Pocket Day and today the second occurence of a meeting scheduled Monday and Wednesday's nothing, but when I go into my appointments it is on the Calendar.
You had earlier told me this was an issue you had to wait for RIM on. Thanks for the help. Joe
Old 05-12-2005, 01:33 AM   #96
brufi

Default config-details for T-online in Germany

I asked for help because PD hung after wrong config from my side.
Quote:

brufi...download this: http://www.crossriversystems.com/files/pdtest.jad directly to your BB.

Reboot hard (battery out).

Then, run it and select clear settings from the menu. Then PocketDay should start.

Your settings should be simple for comms with a BES server. Before you start PD as above, go to home/options/firewall and either disable it (if you can) or Reset it.

Then start PD. The weather and stocks should work.

Mark
I had PD hanging after a lot of trial and error play with the communications configurations within PD.

Mark,

PD now runs like a dream,

also weather and stock are working fine.

The config for T-online Germany is:

In BB-options/TCP
Firewall: deactivated
under TCP set:
APN: internet.t-d1.de
Username APN: t-mobile
Password: tm

Within PD communication settings were left default.

Mark, thanks for the great product, IŽll be registered user before this week is over.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #97
brufi

Thumbs up Why pay for Pocketday ?

Some people asked why pay for PocketDay where I can get something similar for free (BBToday)?

1 - Most important for me is the swifft and competent feedback from the developer. Support is everything with software that is alive. Having come so far within this thread and possibly having read the PD thread in General on PD 1.7 you know what I mean.
2 - Pocketday is much advanced in functionality and configurability.
3 - compare speed of development, difference will get bigger.

IŽll be a registered user before end of this week
Old 05-12-2005, 06:00 AM   #98
crs

WNO - this error is usually caused by a recurring event (most likely a birthday) that has a start date earlier than 1970. The BlackBerry has issues with those.

Cyberjack...no fixes from RIM as of yet for the recurring appointment issues. Are you on the current day screen because usually the recurring appointments show properly for a specific day but not on the week or month views.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:48 AM   #99
brownhead
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Missed Calls and Unread Email

Hey Mark - I really like your app. Just have a few questions.

1) Missed Calls - I noticed that number that come up 'restricted' or unavailable (blocked) do not get counted on the missed call counter. I receive many calls from blocked numbers for my job, just wondering if there's anything you can do about this.

2) The number of Unread Emails - looks like you are counting the saved emails as well. Wondering if there's an option to turn this off and just have the unread mail in the inbox counted.

I downloaded this app this morning and am already getting addicted. Thanks a million in advance. Go MARK!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:52 AM   #100
crs

brownhead,

On those Missed calls, do they appear in the regular missed call folder? I am tapped into this and should be getting them if they appear in the normal list. I'm also not sure how to test this.

There's an option for Inbox Only in the General Settings.

Mark
Closed Thread