BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #161
JRHollywood

Model: 7290
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Very cool thanks!
I'll be the dummy - only know some HTML, meaning I can write a page, but not knowing much else, is this going to be fairly simple, or should I be calling a techy friend to help me get this set up? API and the various code stuff doesn't really make sense to me
Old 11-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #162
xoclipse
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHollywood View Post
Very cool thanks!
I'll be the dummy - only know some HTML, meaning I can write a page, but not knowing much else, is this going to be fairly simple, or should I be calling a techy friend to help me get this set up? API and the various code stuff doesn't really make sense to me
Yeah the API stuff is a little more involved than you probably want to be. I'll add a way for you to easily add a google map of your current location on a web site/blog within the next day. It will be really easy to do.

The API is more for advanced users that want to do a little more with it.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #163
xoclipse

Default New Site

I've got the new and redesigned site running right now for anyone who wants to help me test it out.

Blackberry GPS Tracker - Home

Everything should be functional on it except managing your location permissions.

The layout may not look as good in Internet Explorer, so you might want to use Firefox. I need to update it so it is more compatible with IE.

I've also added support for multiple languages, so if anyone wants to help me translate it into their own language please contact me.

Note: If you already have an account for Blackberry Tracker you don't need to sign up again for the beta site. Use the same username/password.

Last edited by xoclipse; 11-10-2007 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
Old 11-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #164
jeremy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Smile

The beta site looks great! It is both functional and pleasing to the eyes.

The only thing I couldn't get to work was the Tracking History. Despite choosing valid times, when I chose intra-day times, the site returned, "Status: There is no GPS data associated with this interval"

I am looking forward to the ability to remove my old devices.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #165
stevepgonzalez

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default BB Tracker - Not updating?

Hey,
New user so forgive me for stupid questions. I installed the software on my 8830 and it seemed to work well initially. Today, however, I drove around town and the location wouldn't update. For example, I'm being shown as still in a parking lot and the last update time is over an hour ago.

My GPS settings on the handheld are set to update every 20 seconds (default).

I've tried in both the production webpage and the beta.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #166
xoclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepgonzalez View Post
Hey,
New user so forgive me for stupid questions. I installed the software on my 8830 and it seemed to work well initially. Today, however, I drove around town and the location wouldn't update. For example, I'm being shown as still in a parking lot and the last update time is over an hour ago.

My GPS settings on the handheld are set to update every 20 seconds (default).

I've tried in both the production webpage and the beta.

Thanks.
Don't worry, its not a problem on your end. I was having some issues with the new server which caused the site to be down for a while. It should be working fine now. Over the next week I should work out any bugs in the new server so the downtime won't occur anymore.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #167
xoclipse

I've just added a feature for the people that wanted to just have a simple map of their location on their own web site.

It is EXTERMELY simple to do. Check out the instructions here:

Put Google Map Map On Your Home Page - BlackberryTracker
Old 11-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #168
Signal_Corp

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Xoclipse -
Any chances of an update coming out that will work with the Sprint CDMA blackberry's? Would really like to see this app in action.

Thanks..
Old 11-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #169
jasoncooper

Carrier: t mobile
Default 8800 cant logon :(

Hi, great looking app but I cant logon via my BB 8800, i enter username / password click 'logon' and get long page of "error:<"doctype htm public"-//w3c//dto.......blah blah blah and then the option to exit !!!

HELP !!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #170
morningla

Model: 8310
Carrier: rogers

any idea how much data is used per month if i am set to 20sec.

or is it too small for me to worry about?
Old 11-23-2007, 01:11 AM   #171
rygonet

Model: 8820

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoclipse View Post
I've got the new and redesigned site running right now for anyone who wants to help me test it out.

Blackberry GPS Tracker - Home

Everything should be functional on it except managing your location permissions.

The layout may not look as good in Internet Explorer, so you might want to use Firefox. I need to update it so it is more compatible with IE.

I've also added support for multiple languages, so if anyone wants to help me translate it into their own language please contact me.

Note: If you already have an account for Blackberry Tracker you don't need to sign up again for the beta site. Use the same username/password.
Site appears to be down..
Old 11-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #172
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoclipse View Post
I've just added a feature for the people that wanted to just have a simple map of their location on their own web site.

It is EXTERMELY simple to do. Check out the instructions here:

Put Google Map Map On Your Home Page - BlackberryTracker
For some reason, this worked for me for about 1 week and now it has me on the other side of the country where I haven't been. I've checked and nothing has changed in the source code of my tracking page.

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 11-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #173
morningla

the site is sometimes down, not sure why.

I also tried to set my homepage map location from the wiki link above, but is the API the 3 digit number? mine is not working.

my battery seems to be drained pretty fast, anyone else getting this?

i also found out that if i am talking on the phone, my location is not updated, is that possible? can someone else confirm?

and the site is looking good with IE 6/7, but IE 6 keeps popping up with debug error, will investigate if it's my pc.

Last edited by morningla; 11-23-2007 at 10:52 AM..
Old 11-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #174
stealitall

Model: 8100
Carrier: home

Got a ?.. What if you Don't have O.T.A. !! Do you have it in A.L.X. or COD file just cant afford it. Thanks
Old 12-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #175
xoclipse

I've just released a beta version of the new client...you can check it out here:

http://chrismoos.com/2007/12/12/blac...lient-04-beta/

Major new features are MUCH better battery life and the ability to start up when the phone turns on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningla View Post
the site is sometimes down, not sure why.

I also tried to set my homepage map location from the wiki link above, but is the API the 3 digit number? mine is not working.

my battery seems to be drained pretty fast, anyone else getting this?

i also found out that if i am talking on the phone, my location is not updated, is that possible? can someone else confirm?

and the site is looking good with IE 6/7, but IE 6 keeps popping up with debug error, will investigate if it's my pc.

When you go to http://dev.tech9computers.com and login, you choose Manage API key and whatever is displayed in the box to the right is your key.

As far as the site and IE, I'll work on fixing that. I'm a mac user and never use IE really...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #176
morningla

Default Unable to Conncet to the server

Since I updated 3 days ago to ver 0.4, I have been unable to Conncet to the server.

it hasn't even worked once, is there a server address typo? i tried both the beta and regular 0.4 OTA download link.

the error pops up after less than a second saying unable to connect to the server at this time.

any one else get this?
Old 12-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #177
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

If you have an external puck associated w/your BB and set as the GPS source, would this app work?
Old 12-22-2007, 01:34 AM   #178
spaznrq

I just stumbled up on this Blackberry Tracker app for my Curve 8310 and installed version 0.4. It seems to be working since it acquired my location and saved it into my history.

Not to offend of the developers of this great app, but since this was my first time looking into GPS location tracking apps for the Blackberry, I was a bit hesitant to give away my location to 3rd parties I haven't heard about before. Since then, I've read many post of people happily using this Blackberry Tracker app so that gives me a level of confidence.

With that in mind, if it hasn't been mentioned already in any other posts, a feature I would like to see is the ability to delete my saved locations from the history, or to delete an account altogether if a user chooses to.

This is one great application, and the latest beta seems to work fine for me.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #179
xoclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaznrq View Post
I just stumbled up on this Blackberry Tracker app for my Curve 8310 and installed version 0.4. It seems to be working since it acquired my location and saved it into my history.

Not to offend of the developers of this great app, but since this was my first time looking into GPS location tracking apps for the Blackberry, I was a bit hesitant to give away my location to 3rd parties I haven't heard about before. Since then, I've read many post of people happily using this Blackberry Tracker app so that gives me a level of confidence.

With that in mind, if it hasn't been mentioned already in any other posts, a feature I would like to see is the ability to delete my saved locations from the history, or to delete an account altogether if a user chooses to.

This is one great application, and the latest beta seems to work fine for me.
I completely understand how you feel about privacy, I'll implement a feature to control your GPS data more(delete all, history deletion, account deletion, etc,.) within a week or so.

Glad its working well for you though!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #180
stevie666

Carrier: t mobile

I have downloaded the software to my Blackberry and installed it.

When I click on the satellite icon and start the software it asks for username and password.
I put in my username and password and I get the error “Unable to connect to the server at this time “.

Please could you point me in the right direction to get the app up and running.

Info:
Download and installed ver 4.2
Blackberry 8310 curve
V4.2.2.181 (platform2.5.0.35)
Closed Thread