Old 11-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Hardwaregeek
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Strange Bold problem today???

Please Login to Remove!

Today I went to use my Bold and it had the Organizing Call Logs notification on the home screen. I have seen this before but it always disappears after a few seconds. Well today it will not go away and I can't do anything else on the phone except hit the call button or end button. When I reboot it comes up fine and I can use it for a minute or two then the damn Call Logs thing opens up and halts the phone functions. I am running .185 and I editted the Blackberry.alx last night to get some additional themes. This is the only thing I have done, prior to editting the .alx file everything worked fine. I will replace the .alx file with the original one later and see what happens. Very strange issue.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
Hardwaregeek

Restored original Blackberry.alx file but problem persists. I am now restoring from an earlier good backup and will see what that does.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
cellunlocknet

Model: 9000
PIN: 207B1B55
Carrier: Rogers

Is your Bold's OS the latest one?
Old 11-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
Hardwaregeek

As istated I am on .185 OS TIM Italy version. It has sat all day and when I unlocked it it said I had voicemails and did I want to view them. I answered yes and it went to the call log page and immediately went into that damn Organizing Call Logs screen and won't let me do anything else. I am going to wipe and reload with .190 and see if that fixes it.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
Hardwaregeek

Well doesn't look like anyone else has experienced this problem but I did a wipe and reload of .185 and all is fine now. Very weird issue. I had installed some third party themes from this site (the animated and non animated L themes) and I had unlocked the other vendor themes when this all occured. I may try to replicate the issue again tonight to see if it happens everytime.
Closed Thread