Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
crypto60
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: cingular
Default No address book sync after activation

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all, I’m running a 25 user BES 4.1 (latest updates) with exchange 2003 (latest updates) and I have an issue many people have complained about and it’s driving me nuts.

Some seemingly random new activations simply never get their contacts synced up, (even if the wireless sync option is present) tried every fix in the book including wiping the handheld, activating via desktop, deleting and undeleting the sync service book, enabling and disabling wireless sync on contacts

The ONLY thing that ever works is completely nuking the user from active directory and rebuilding them from scratch, needless to say this isn’t fun. Has anybody every managed to nail down the definitive reason as to why this happens?

Thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
gziz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

well if you have to do this via active directory it seems like its a issue with the users AD account and not blackberry.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
MousePad
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830W
Carrier: Bell Mobility

I came across this problem on my test unit... Everything works OK after an OTA activation, but no address book. I simply removed the user from my BES, added him back, then reactivated. That took care of things...

Not sure about AD account though. Aside from the exchange mailbox, that account has nothing to do with the BES side of things
Old 02-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
Xaneth
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Yep, MousePad, that's what I had to do, delete and re-create the user at the BES.

I was testing out the ability to wipe the handheld over T-Mobile by pulling the SIM. If someone stole a BB with the intent of preserving someone's email, all they have to do is pull the SIM and you can't wipe and disable the handheld. Once another SIM of any kind (with data services) is put in the BB, it will wipe, but does not really "disable" anything, with the exception of disabling it from the BES (removes the PIN from the account). There is, of course the option to "lock and change password", which is also a pretty good option.

At any rate, after wiping the BB, I ran into this issue, so I had to delete and re-create my account to get it to sync the address book, calendar, bookmarks, phone options, etc, properly. Hope this helps someone.
Closed Thread