Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
caroleparker

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodacom
Unhappy Blackberry keeps freezing on Address Book

Please Login to Remove!

Please can somebody help.

My Blackberry Curve 8900 keeps freezing on my Address Book. It will not edit and neither will it allow me to enter a new contact. I have a code number 204 and 217 as part of the error. I tried deleting the database and then re-installed to a previous time. This did not work.

I changed my SD card (4GB) back to the original Sandisk(1GB) and it started to work perfectly and I thought I'd found my answer but it was shortlived. It lasted one day and has now gone back to freezing up once again. I have tried alot of battery pulling to no avail. I have the latest firmware.

It is also playing up in that it has become hit and miss as to whether I get e-mail notifications too.

What is going on?

Thankyou for any help. I am quite desperate.

Carole
Old 06-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Blackberry keeps freezing on Address Book

Unfortunately those numbers relate to too many errors and to zero in on the cause you need to detail the exact error your getting. One possibility is there is an index error in your contact list another is it could be in the BES server if your on a corporate server.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
caroleparker

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodacom
Default Re: Blackberry keeps freezing on Address Book

Thank you for replying.

The two error codes came up after I pulled the battery and restarted my phone.
It stated: ' uncaught exception application net_rim_bb_addressbook_app not responding (204). At another time I had a 217 if I remember correctly. Today at least the address book is not freezing up but it is not working either!

I am on BIS.

Is there a way in which I can remove the entire address book and download perhaps a brand new address book application that might work?

Alternatively can you suggest anything that I might try out- when you say there could be an index problem - could you talk me through this?

Many thanks for any help.

Carole
Closed Thread