Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
jps1987

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default new help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone i'm sorta new to the bb.The last bb i had was the pearl and that was when they first came out i had a ton of problems and never touched a bb after that till the storm. I love the over all design of the phone so i ordered mine and its suppose to be here within a week! Anyways i just have a few questions about the phone and hopefully some one can help!

1.i get on myspace alot and i know myspace will work on the storm but my question is will i be able to play the apps that myspace has now? Such as gang wars,texhas hold em all that? I asked 3 diff reps of verizon two said yes and one said no so i figured i'd ask on here and see if anyone could answer me.Also when i look at profiles is everything still going to show up in white or will i be able to see what ppl has as backgrounds now?

2.I'm on alot of sites that have chatrooms built into them i was told by the rep that i bought my phone off of that i can still get on the chatrooms from the storm? Rather or not thats true i hope some one can answer this question for me.I'm on the road alot and it wouuld be nice to be able to do such things as this with my phone

3.I read a couple of threads on here saying that youtube would not work because of javascript. When i was messing around with the display one i typed in what i wanted to see and had no problems watching videos? So i'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed if i run into the problem of not being able to watch videos?

4. And last i like how i could get themes for my pearl i guess thats what brought me into the bb in the first place. Will the storm have the same ability to get themes in time or will it just be backgrounds now? And i've heard that they are working on a app store similar to the iphone is this true? And does that mean that the storm will have apps like the iphone?

Sorry so many questions i was just curious of what i can expect from my storm and if any of these questions is no do you think in time will you be able to do such things with the storm? Thanks for your time everyone!!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
jay427
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I'm in a similar boat as you, so I'm gonna tag. I haven't had any problems getting to youtube videos, but they all seem to be squished into a 4:3 format, so that 'should-be' circles are actually ovals.

I would also like to know more about themes. I downloaded a few wallpapers which are nice but themes would be better.

I also wish that there was a calendar icon that actually printed the numbered day instead of always "31"
Closed Thread