BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
dmcallan

Model: 8703e
Exclamation help! After updating BES to 4.1.2, bootup hangs 15 minutes

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

After updating an MS SBS 2003 server from BES 4.1.0.40 to 4.1.2, it now takes about 15 minutes for the server to reboot. After BIOS check, the Windows splash screen appears for several seconds, then the monitor goes black for 10+ minutes. There is hdd activity (the light blinks about once every 2 seconds), but that's the only indication the server is running. After about 10-12 minutes, the usual Windows Server "applying computer settings", etc. comes on and it finishes up the boot process

Also, in BB manager, an MDS-CS server is now shown, even though it wasn't supposed to be installed during the update. We were not running one before the update. However, if I try to uninstall the MDS Server in Add/Remove programs, it isn't listed.

Any ideas where to begin troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help provided.

DMC
Old 02-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
controlair
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BES
Carrier: AT&T

I was just talking about installing SP2 in order for my BES to support the Pearl in another thread, after doing that, I have similar issue as you....

It stayed in the screen of "applying computer settings" for over 15 minutes now, and is not ping-able from the network. I guess I'll give it another 10 minutes before I force shut it down.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:24 AM   #3
dmcallan

Model: 8703e

As I posted above, I was unable to uninstall MDS (we don't run it, don't use it, don't want it) as it wasn't listed in Add/Remove Programs. So I went to Services and disabled it. Now the server boots up as usual, with no l-o-n-g wait. Still would like to know why it nerfed the server start up though, just in case we should decide we DO want MDS.

DMC
Closed Thread