Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
DaveDanger
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular
Default 8310 BB Curve turns off without warning

Please Login to Remove!

My 8310 BB Curve has developed a tendency over the past 3 weeks to simply turn off without warning. At first I assumed the battery was dying early on me, and was simply plugging it back into the charger for a few hours. It hit me one day as I plugged the charger in and watched the phone begin to re-boot that it didn't need several hours charge, it simply had to have the charger plugged in for a few seconds... the phone would turn back on and re-boot back to normal use. I can literally plug the charger in for 3 seconds and unplug it, and the phone will re-boot back to normal, with normal battery life showing on the indicator.
Removing the battery and reinstalling it will accomplish the same thing. It's as if a connection simply opened and disconnected the power... instant off. It will not turn back on manually, no response to any keyboard input. It has to be connected to the charger or have the battery removed and reinserted. The battery flip is a pain since I use the Otterbox® Defender cover, and it takes several minutes to remove all those layers of protection to get to the battery cover.
Any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
monkeee2002
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
PIN: s and needles
Carrier: Sprint

Do you keep the memory cleaned? It might be shutting down due to "low app memory".
Might want to try the app called "MemoryUpPro". I think I downloaded it from crackberry.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Tragic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Kinda sounds like dirty battery contacts... may be that battery contacts on the main board or the actual battery itself may have some dust or dirt causing it to breifly loose connectivity. If not, like mentioned above the memory could be low. I'd use some denatured alcohol to clean the contacts off and then get rid of some of your old messages and e-mails taking up space. The otterbox hasn't impacted your reception? That thing is massive.
Closed Thread