Old 12-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
redbandana
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Removing AT&T Bloatware?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi I am new to this forum. I am originally from XDA developers and have worked on and tested many applications for Windows Mobile Devices. First and foremost I would like to address How to remove AT&T Bloatware from a Bold?

I have read previous discussions that it is only possible to hide applications rather than completely removing them. Personally, I don't feel AT&T has much to offer. Is there much 3rd Party development for BlackBerry?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:31 AM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbandana View Post
Hi I am new to this forum. I am originally from XDA developers and have worked on and tested many applications for Windows Mobile Devices. First and foremost I would like to address How to remove AT&T Bloatware from a Bold?

I have read previous discussions that it is only possible to hide applications rather than completely removing them. Personally, I don't feel AT&T has much to offer. Is there much 3rd Party development for BlackBerry?
Wow! Welcome to the forums Redbandana! Great first post! My kinda guy! Anything pushed with a service book can be remove but will only return when you hard reset. Everything else is fair game. The good news is you can remove a ton of stuff and run a lean fast BB and then simply hide the icons for service book entries as they don't take much space. Have fun with this one!

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html

Good luck!

E-

P.S. if you are not on version .190 you should get it, there is a memory bump and it's much snappier!

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs

Last edited by Thatzmister2u; 12-02-2008 at 12:32 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 12-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
redbandana
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Wow! Welcome to the forums Redbandana! Great first post! My kinda guy! Anything pushed with a service book can be remove but will only return when you hard reset. Everything else is fair game. The good news is you can remove a ton of stuff and run a lean fast BB and then simply hide the icons for service book entries as they don't take much space. Have fun with this one!

Good luck!

E-

P.S. if you are not on version .190 you should get it, there is a memory bump and it's much snappier!
It's still in the mail. Got it off eBay for 30% Cashback from live.com with another 10% coupon, so i couldn't let it pass. I have just began reading and will be interested in possible development. I am a virgin to BBs so take it easy on me. I'll research more in the meantime. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #4
mike_187
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100

there is lots of blackberry 3rd party apps but probably a lot more for WM.
We could always use more 3rd party apps

most of the AT&T stuff on the device is just shortcuts anyway pushed by AT&T using service books. So just hide the shortcuts and nothing to worry about

Last edited by mike_187; 12-02-2008 at 12:54 AM..
Closed Thread