Old 06-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
luxurynick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon
Default can't make outgoing call, gets jammed, 8830

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys,

'm sure most of you have experienced this when you cannot make an outgoing call becasue another call has came in and the 8830 acts like you are on another call when you are not.

Whenever you try and call someone it asks under the menu if you want to conference that someone in? The only way to fix it is a hard reset.

Any thoughts

Thanks,
Old 06-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

been posted many times, use the search but from the posts i think no one has solved this yet and people are waiting for RIM to fix it.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #3
luxurynick
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon

what should i search for? is there a name for the diagnosis?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-problems.html
Old 07-25-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
bryawn

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
That is probably the most worthless thread I've ever seen. Mostly a bunch of morons ragging on each other. Yuck.

Come on, hasn't someone found a solution to this problem??? It is bad enough that I want to just put the BlackBerry on eBay, pay the $175 and get an iPhone.

Where are the comments from RIM and Verizon on when this is going to get fixed??
Old 07-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #6
GXX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryawn View Post
That is probably the most worthless thread I've ever seen. Mostly a bunch of morons ragging on each other. Yuck.

Come on, hasn't someone found a solution to this problem??? It is bad enough that I want to just put the BlackBerry on eBay, pay the $175 and get an iPhone.

Where are the comments from RIM and Verizon on when this is going to get fixed??
The iPhone has it's own set of issues, but by all means go ahead if that's how you feel.

This is a BB/RIM issue and it's not something we (consumers) can fix. Now to combat this issue is rather easy. I assume you only see this issue when you are already on a call and another call comes in. You answer it and it pretty much locks you from that point on?

If so, do not press the green answer button when a call comes in. Instead, hit the BB/Menu button next to it and select answer call/put on hold (wording may be off, I'm going by memory). Doing this will prevent the phone from locking your calling ability. That's how I've been answering call waiting since I learned the other way locks it up.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
crimscrem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXX View Post
The iPhone has it's own set of issues, but by all means go ahead if that's how you feel.

This is a BB/RIM issue and it's not something we (consumers) can fix. Now to combat this issue is rather easy. I assume you only see this issue when you are already on a call and another call comes in. You answer it and it pretty much locks you from that point on?

If so, do not press the green answer button when a call comes in. Instead, hit the BB/Menu button next to it and select answer call/put on hold (wording may be off, I'm going by memory). Doing this will prevent the phone from locking your calling ability. That's how I've been answering call waiting since I learned the other way locks it up.
I think this is what I'll have to do moving forward. I've had the same issues. I came on here hoping that someone would have the answer to this problem.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #8
bryawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXX View Post
Good tip. I'll give that a try next time it happens. I use my phone a lot, so I have this issue every couple of days it seems.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
Crazyone

Just to clarify a bit about the problem.

I can make it happen nearly everytime, the problem seems to occur while your are dialing someone, and you recieve a call then hit the green answer button to switch over. I.e. you hit talk to call your dad, and recieve a call while its trying to dial out.

I have never experianced it any other way.

Hopefully RIM will fix it, seems like it happens QUITE frequently now. I have just stopped flashin over now, and letting them get voicemail.

B
Old 08-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
surfgrom04
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

The new Verizon OS update fixes this (located at the sticky at the top of 8800 forum)
Old 08-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #11
tifosiv122
Thumbs Must Hurt

Funny, I never ran into this issue, I assume because everytime this happened to me I was calling the person that was calling me and it just connected us.

Odd.

Erik
Old 08-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #12
Crazyone

Just an FYI the new OS did not fix the problem. It still occurs on my phone, just as much as before.

Brandon
Old 08-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #13
BruceDBR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks for the tip on how to answer the calls to prevent this. I'll have to remember that while waiting for RIM to fix this.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 AM   #14
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyone View Post
Just an FYI the new OS did not fix the problem. It still occurs on my phone, just as much as before.

Brandon
It fixed it on mine. I have tested it... not sure why it did not work on yours.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #15
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick

Yeah, latest OS does not fix the issue. It still happens on my phone 8830 w/ verizon.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #16
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

did on mine...

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #17
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
Yeah, latest OS does not fix the issue. It still happens on my phone 8830 w/ verizon.
I am sure I have tested it. I will test it again and see if it works.

Just tested it again. It worked fine!

Tried it three more times. Called my phone from my desk phone while trying to call my friend. It just hangs up on my friend if i answer / ignore the call.. i tried it at three seperate stages.. right before the call.. during the dialing.. and while his phone is ringing. Not once did I have the issue where I can't make calls anymore and get the "conference" option.

Last edited by someonexh; 08-28-2007 at 09:38 AM..
Old 08-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #18
BigA
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick

Not sure if it makes a difference but it usually happens when I am on 1X not 1XEV. Also Verizon is upgrading all the towers in this area to 1XEV. So this could be a tower issue with the testing and cut-over.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #19
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigA View Post
Not sure if it makes a difference but it usually happens when I am on 1X not 1XEV. Also Verizon is upgrading all the towers in this area to 1XEV. So this could be a tower issue with the testing and cut-over.
Not sure.. right now I am on 1X.. and it works.
Closed Thread