Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
APC Sports

Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Help - Pearl not working

Please Login to Remove!

Fairly new phone, I have had the Pearl for about 2 months now. Suddenly today when people call me (or I call them) I can not hear them whatsoever and they can not hear me. The volume is turned all the way up. I can not activate the speakerphone anymore - in fact it is no longer even an option on my in-call menu screen. Any suggestions as to what may have happened? It got a very slight amount of water on the screen at my baseball game today but was working for a while after that.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I recommend updating to the newest OS (released by TMo but will work on any pearl)

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...2-1-107-a.html
Old 08-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

APC, let;s hope it is not water damage.

If you really think it could be water damage (you know how wet it acutally got), pull the battery and let it dry out. See the instructions and tips in the FAQ section.
Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ

If you feel it really did not get wet, pulling the battery and rebooting may help, as well as reinstalling the OS as John said above.

Again, if you are not sure, and think that it could be a water problem, follow the first suggestion and link.

Good luck, and welcome to the Forums.

Last edited by JSanders; 08-27-2007 at 12:26 AM..
Old 08-27-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Do as JSanders says. However, a few raindrops shouldn't have done that. If it got a decent amount of rain,, then yes, that could be it. However, the fact that the menu option doesn't even come up tells me it's likely a software problem.

Hopefully pulling the battery as suggested will fix you up. Otherwise a lesson in OS upgrading is in order. Follow the instructions in that thread and you'll be fine.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:47 AM   #5
APC Sports

Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

yeah it really was not that much water, a little precipitation inside my bag, no direct water contact really. I took the battery out earlier but it was of no help. There was no evidence of water near the battery.
I'll try the new OS
Closed Thread