Old 12-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
sbindal

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Initializing VoiceDial Problem!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I have a new problem after syncing my bb to my outlook contacts. The phone is barely 2 weeks old. When I use my motorola H500 bluetooth headset to activate voicedialing, the bb hangs on 'Initializing Voice Dial' and never prompts me to say a command. Before, it used to work just fine. Same behavior if I try to activate voice dialing from the bb directly without the headset.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Old 12-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Airmark1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT uhhhh Cingular uhhh I mean ATT

I assume you have tried taking the battery out for 30 seconds or so, and reseting it that way..?

?was it a cat i saw?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
Thon_D
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

I had the same problem. I have had my 8300 for about 6 months and suddenly my bluetooth earpiece (Moto HS 850) stopped connecting to voice dialing. I could still use the earpiece to answer phone and talk as normal. But I would press the connect button on the earpiece and nothing would happen other than the screen would come up telling me that Voice Dialing was initializing. No matter how long I waited nothing happened.

I just tried the battery pull / reset trick and I am back in voice dialing business as usual.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
galewins

Default Initializing Voice Dialing

My brand new Blackberry 8310 hangs in initializing voice dialing. I have removed the battery and it works for about 5 times then the same thing happens. It's ridiculous that I have to remove the battery every 5-10 times. Does anyone have a fix?

Is it a defective unit and should I return?

Thank you,
Old 07-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
1mitchell

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a fix?
Old 07-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
bpnaquin

Don't give up, I got frustrated by not being able to voice dial. The security settings were the problem. I could not make a call unless I unlocked the keyboard. I use corporate email with Lotus Notes, yea I know, antique.

After several calls to tech support and our adminstrator did not help, I finally figured it out.

In your secruity options, the phone will default to 'protecting' your contact list. If this is checked YES, then your phone will not voice dial unless it is unlocked. Change this setting to NO and it will work fine. Make sure your other settings are set to allow you to make calls at all times.

Let me know if this worked for you. I share your frustrations. None of the manual both for the 8310 or the BB server address this problem.
Closed Thread