BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
iAmJuanKarlo

Model: 9300
Carrier: Globe Telecom
Unhappy BlackBerry Curve 3G Multiple Issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hello guys. I'm just a new BlackBerry user.

My Dad gave me a BlackBerry phone. It's the latest Curve 3G with the BlackBerry OS 5 software installed. Then I subscribed to 1-2 days BlackBerry unlimited data plan since I'm a prepaid user. I was able to setup my BlackBerry e-mail, my Twitter and my Facebook account on my device. Of course, let's not forget the BlackBerry Messenger and BlackBerry maps. I'm totally amazed with all of the features of my new and first BlackBerry device.

Anyway after a day or two, my BlackBarry unlimited data plan so I decided to subscribe to a month of the BlackBerry Social Data Plan. You can only use it on selected services like Twitter, Facebook and almost all of the instant messaging programs available.

But of course, I can still see the BlackBerry maps on my menu and I can still use the maps service.

Upon plugging in my device to my PC, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager informed me that there's a new update. So I decided to create a manual backup of the entire device then I'll restore it later even though the Desktop Manager automaticallty creates backup of the device if you're updating it's software.

So, after 20-30 minutes. I was able to update the software of my BlackBerry device to the latest BlackBerry OS 6. It's really amazing. It's like a ombination of Android OS and iPhone OS. However I noticed that I don't see the BlackBerry app anymore. The BlackBerryHelp twitter account helped me out with solving that issue. He/She told me to reinstall it using the Desktop Manager which I did. Then the BlackBerry maps application is st ill missing. So I decided to do the same thing using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Nothing happened. I still can't see the BlackBerry maps software. The BlackBerryHelp people told me to do a "clean reload" of my device. So I manually backup everything first. Reinstall the OS and an error message after restoring my backup.

Then I decided to reinstall the BlackBerry OS 5 to see if I can see the BlackBerry Maps app. Still no luck, I can't see the Maps app. I received another error message after restoring my backup.

So, I decided to reinstall BlackBerry OS 6 again since I'm really used to it's new interface. Then restore my backup. As usual I receive the same error message.

The problem right now is that, my BlackBerry Messenger history was deleted. I think the entire history is stored in my memory card. But still it's entire history was deleted except my SMS messages and my e-mails.

What to do? Is there a way to recover my BlackBerry Messenger history? And how about the BlackBerry Maps app?

Another thing, during the first setup of my BlackBerry phone (out of the box) I copied all of my SIM contacts to my phone, and I noticed everything says "Work number" instead dof "Mobile number". And by default whenever you save a new contact, you need to set it to a "Mobile number" instead of a "Work number".

Is there a way to change that setting? I also wanna change all of my "Work number" saved contacts to "Mobile number".

Is it possible? And is it also possible to copy my BlackBerry contacts to my SIM card for additional backup?

Please help me out guys.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

**First attachment : After installing BlackBerry OS 6 and restoring my backup.
***Second attachment : After installing BlackBerry OS 5 (downgrade) and restoring my backup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBCurveIssue.png
Views:	382
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	19166   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBCurveIssue2.png
Views:	350
Size:	374.0 KB
ID:	19167  
Old 04-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: BlackBerry Curve 3G Multiple Issues

Try this then look in the Apps folder. run it from the BB browser

mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=maps_sbi
Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: BlackBerry Curve 3G Multiple Issues

There is no "batch change" for labels like work phone or mobile phone. You have to set them properly when you create each contact, or edit them one by one after the fact.

You can copy your contacts to the SIM card for backup, but keep in mind that the SIM card will only accept a single phone number and email address (whatever one is first in each contact). Other numbers/email addresses will be dropped from the SIM contact.
Closed Thread