BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
jiggaman2g

Model: Storm
Carrier: Telus
Default Gather around......lol

Please Login to Remove!

Got to the family's house for Christmas dinner last night, swore to myself that I was not going to whip my new Storm unless I had to, you see all the girls and guys in the family swear by and jumped all over the iphone when it came out. Anyway everything was fine I walk in with my family shake hands give out hugs and kiss babies, I enter into the teen/young adult room you know where all the "cool" family members hang out. I swear next year we should do Christmas over text and pic msging, everyone's fingers and hands where going to work! Text here msg there ipod here mp4 there it was unreal! I shout out Merry X-Mas everyone to hear a tap tap click click HEY COUS!! no eye contact whatsoever eye balls are glued to screens, I sit down near the iphone owners who are comparing games and showing one another tricks and what have you, I just tune into the basketball game and chill, suddenly my phones goes off and the ring tone is such a funny one it causes ppl to look around to see where its coming from I pause......then whip out the phone to answer the call, Now this is where it gets sweet! while I'm on the phone I can see the drool coming from all there mouths as they wait in anticipation for me to get of the phone, now me I'm talking and smirking at the same time anticipating the rush when I'm through. I end the call and BAM! "hey" in a nonchalant voice "is that the storm?" Me now all smug "oh this....yeah it is" well can I see it? Sure take it in iphone fan boys and girls. I swear at that moment not a text left that room as they swarmed around my cousin who was the 1st to ask, I left the room to let them marinate on that for a bit. By the time I entered again I seen the phone hadn't made it past 2 ppl yet so me feeling like Mr. RIM tells them to pass it around let everyone get a look at it, I'll answer questions at the end of the viewing.....LOL Anyway there were a series of internet speed tests some data entry tests and you name it we compared it with the iphone I think I've gone on enough at this point but at the end of it all The Storm was the hype of the night in that room and Fido is going to lose some customers early next year

HAPPY BOXING DAY!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Great story! ... I run into the "Is that a Storm can I see it?" all the time. On the 24th I was playing with the Samsung Ominia and came to the harsh realization that I have now been converted to SurePressxxx8482; and can't seem to go back. I kept pushing down on the screen only to be greeted with LCD Bleed! ...
Old 12-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 3050BF93
Carrier: Verizon

My house is a mac house with a few iphone and when i came home with my storm i received a few looks but overall people want to get a closer look.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Get it while you can. I remember when the Razr came out, when the Pearl came out, when the iPhone came out. I even had the first Canon digital Elph back in 01. Woohoo!
Old 12-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
regener8ed
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

haha, great story.
Closed Thread