Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
mwyarm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: VZW
Default Storm 2 - OS or Design

Please Login to Remove!

My case is probably unique and I doubt there are few individuals with the setup I have but I will give it a shout to see if anyone has encountered something similiar.

The problem is the Storm 2 either in it's design or in the operating system has changed a configuration in such a way that software providers cannot resolve the phone from ringing after it has been prompted.

I am using a 3rd party software, Webmessenger, that worked perfectly on prior blackberry's which allows you to configure the phone to provide notifications in hundreds of ways. It has always been setup to not use the blackberry profiles but the software. The problem is when the phone goes to voice mail the phone continues to ring. The software provider shared with me that RIM changed an iinternal configuration which they used to trigger the event handler to react to the condition. They have been dilligent to find a work around and they have provided a solution to one of two problems. The second problem is related to the problem below.

I also use a bluetooth phone docking station which also worked perfectly on prior blackberrys but has a similiar condition. When I answer the phone using the phone docking system it accepts the answer but the phone continues to ring in the background. Such to the point you cannot have a conversation.

So, it is clear it not a single 3rd prarty provider. RIM has changed something and I have been trying to figure out something that I can set in options that might, at a very off chance, cause everything to work. I have looked at the options in bluetooth but nothing stands out. Obviously, if RIM could disclose to the providers what is different it would give them a head start but it is the typical case where RIM states they don't solve 3rd party provider problems but the providers state that RIM changed something significant for this type of phone. I am not sure if has anything to do wtih no keyboard but it is strange the minute you press a key on the screen the softwares work as they are designed (meaning the phone stops ringing after going to voice mail and the in the second product the phone stops ringing over the bluetooth connected conversation).

I am sure this is unique but I suspect this issue is showing up in other ways and it is just not known and obvious. If there are any bluetooth guru's that have any ideas of possible setting configurations in a Storm 2 I am willing to give it a try in an off chance - luck - solves the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread